Tuesday 6 May 2014

Using 'Thinglink App' to present research

Today, my class were to carry out some research about the Yangtze River as our school has developed links with China. Previously, I had used other iPad apps to present research, such as Explain Everything and Book Creator.

As we had used these apps several time, I wanted to try something different. I cam across the Thinglink app on  mrparkinsonict.blogspot.co.uk/. I started to think about how I could use this to present the children's research in a unique way.

The children imported an image of the Yangtze River from Google images into the iPad camera roll. This was then imported into Thinglink. As the children found out more information about the river, they added tags to the image. The tags took the form of extra photos, text and videos the children made of themselves talking about the river.

The children were completely engaged for the whole of the activity and the results were very pleasing. See the photos below which show the work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment